[Video] – The fight against radicalization [fr]
Christiane Taubira, French Minister of Justice and Keeper of the Seals, visited Canada on April 22nd and 23rd, 2015, to pursue discussions about fighting radicalization and balancing respect for personal freedom with efforts to fight terrorism.
Some of the highlights of this visit:
- Bilateral meeting with Minister of Public Safety Steven Blaney, then with Minister of Justice Peter McKay;
- Visit to the La Macaza Institution penitentiary;
- Bilateral meeting with the Québec Justice Minister Stéphanie Vallée;
- Visit to the Human Rights Tribunal;
- Youth Division of the Court of Québec – mock hearing with students involved in the experimental LEAD program. Discussion with students, teaching staff, prosecutors, and judges involved in the program;
- Conference at Université de Montréal on the subject of “Individual freedoms and the fight against terrorism”; and
- Dematerialization of justice – Presentation of the Cyberjustice Laboratory at the Université de Montréal.